Date of Last Revision: JANUARY 11, 2018
The ACHEMT website (the “Site”) and its contents are owned by the American College of Healthcare Executives of Middle Tennessee (ACHEMT). By using the Site, you signify that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms of Usage (“Terms”). ACHEMT reserves the right to change these Terms at any time without further notice. The changes will be posted on this Terms page and the last revision date will be updated. Your continued use of the Site after such changes indicates your acceptance of the new Terms. It is your responsibility to regularly check the Site to determine whether there have been changes.
Username and Password
The user may be required to select a username and password when accessing certain portions of the Site. ACHEMT may refuse to grant a username/nickname that impersonates someone else, is protected by trademark or proprietary law, or is vulgar or otherwise offensive, as determined by ACHEMT’s sole discretion. The user is solely and fully responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his/her username and password, and is solely and fully responsible for all activities that occur under his/her username and password. The user agrees to: (a) immediately notify ACHEMT of any unauthorized use of a username and password or any other breach of security and (b) ensure that the user logs off at the end of each session. ACHEMT will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the user’s failure to comply with this.
License and Limitations
You are granted a personal, revocable, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and use the Site and ACHEMT content, conditioned on your continued acceptance of and compliance with this agreement.
Users may not do any of the following while using the Site:
- Interfere with another user’s use and enjoyment of the Site
- Upload any message, information, data, text, software, graphic files, or other materials (“Content”) that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, torturous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, or libelous or that may be invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, sexually, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable
- Upload Content that contains a virus, corrupted file, or other harmful component
- Impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to ACHEMT personnel, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent any affiliation with any person or entity, or upload any Content under a fictitious name
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate, encourage or assist another to violate any law or regulation in connection with your use or another’s use of the Site
- Upload any Content that violates or infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, privacy or any right, of whatever nature, of anyone
If you violate any of the above terms, your permission to use the Site automatically terminates.
ACHEMT is not responsible for and makes no warranties, express or implied, as to any information contained in user profiles (“User Content”), whether created by users of the Site or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Site. By providing information or content, you warrant and represent that you own the copyright with respect to such material or have received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, you grant ACHEMT and other users of the Site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Refunds and Shipping
Refunds will be issued upon receiving a written request from the prospective program attendee until the time of the event. In the event that a program must be cancelled, the president may approve a refund of all registration fees. No refunds will be issued after an event. Appeals may be made to the board in extenuation circumstances. ACHEMT does not sell any products requiring shipping.
ACHEMT is providing information and services on the Internet as a benefit and service in furtherance of ACHEMT’s not-for-profit and tax-exempt status. ACHEMT makes no representations about the suitability of this information and these services for any purpose. ACHEMT is not responsible for any material posted by any third party, and ACHEMT specifically disclaims any and all liability for any claims or damages that result from any posting by third parties. ACHEMT is not liable to anyone for inaccuracies, errors, or omissions with respect to any material or the transmission or delivery of any material obtained from ACHEMT.org; any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a matter of products liability, negligence, or otherwise from any use or operation of any methods, products, instructions, or ideas contained in the material herein; or any damages incurred if material infects or contaminates a user’s system or information.
Although this Site includes links providing direct access to other Internet sites, ACHEMT has not participated in their development, and does not monitor or exert any editorial control over these sites.
The user accesses this Site at his or her own risk. The Site is provided on an “as-is, as-available” basis without warranty of any kind, and any and all warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement, or any warranties arising out of a course of dealing, trade or performance, are specifically disclaimed. Neither ACHEMT nor its affiliates, employees, agents, or third-party content providers shall be liable for any loss resulting from the use or unavailability of information or content on this Site, including but not limited to any lost profits, loss or damage to data, or any direct, indirect, special, consequential, compensatory, or incidental damages, even if they have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The provisions in this section are applicable to any damage or injury resulting from negligence or omission of ACHEMT, computer virus or other similar item, telecommunications errors, or unauthorized access to, or use of, user information through theft or any other means. The user agrees that ACHEMT is not liable for criminal, tortious, or negligent actions or omissions of third parties that affect this Site.
You agree to indemnify and hold ACHEMT, its subsidiaries and members, and each of their directors, officers, agents, contractors, partners, and employees, harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or in connection with your use of the Site, your conduct in connection with the Site or with users of the Site, or any violation of these Terms of Usage or of any law or the rights of any third party.
By visiting or using the Site, you agree that the laws of the State of Tennessee, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Terms of Usage and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and ACHEMT. With respect to any disputes or claims, you agree not to commence or prosecute any action in connection therewith other than in the state and federal courts located in Tennessee, and you hereby consent to, and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to venue and jurisdiction in the state and federal courts of Illinois.
American College of Healthcare Executives of Middle Tennessee
Copyright © 2018
All materials posted on this site are subject to copyrights owned by ACHEMT. ACHEMT hereby provides limited permission for the user of this site to reproduce, retransmit, or reprint for such user’s or other individuals or entities own personal use (and for such personal use only) part or all of any document on this site with respect to which ACHEMT is the copyright owner as long as the copyright notice and permission notice contained in such document or portion thereof is included in such reproduction, retransmission, or reprinting. All other reproduction, retransmission, or reprinting of all or part of any document found on this site is expressly prohibited, unless ACHEMT or the other copyright owner identified in the document has expressly granted its prior written consent to so reproduce, retransmit, or reprint the material. All other rights reserved.
The names, trademarks, service marks, and logos of ACHEMT appearing on this site may not be used in any advertising or publicity, or otherwise to indicate ACHEMT’s sponsorship of or affiliation with any product or service, without ACHEMT’s prior express written permission.
Copyright Infringement Claims
If you own intellectual property and believe it is being infringed anywhere on this site, please let us know by filing a complaint as set forth below. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512), any notification of claimed copyright infringement must be sent to ACHEMT’s designated agent with the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification, including a detailed description, of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property right claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification, including a detailed description, of the material that is claimed to be infringing or could be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit ACHEMT to identify the material, including where it is located on the site;
- The address, telephone number and electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that the disputed use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, owner of other intellectual property rights, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by the complaining party, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate, and that you are the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property right, or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property right that is allegedly infringed.
ACHEMT’s designated agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement or other intellectual property infringement is as follows:
Lacy B. Crawford
Email: [email protected]