Leadership Development Program
Application deadline extended through March 21, 2021. Click here to apply now!
Modeled after the Wisconsin ACHE chapter's successful Leadership Development Program, now beginning its 12th year, we are pleased to announce the inaugural Leadership Development Program for Middle Tennessee!
As a developing leader in an industry experiencing fast-paced and disruptive changes, the ability to lead effectively has never been more critical nor more marketable. Today’s leading healthcare organizations require the talent and skills of strong leaders to influence others in realizing the vision of the organization.
The American College of Healthcare Executives of Middle Tennessee (ACHEMT)’s Leadership Development Program combines site visits, lectures, skills assessments, networking, and coaching to prepare emerging leaders with the skills to influence others and immediately impact their organizations. The program will enlighten the emerging leader about their leadership strengths and abilities, enhance their knowledge of the healthcare industry, and provide them with the opportunity to immediately apply what they have learned for personal and professional growth.
In addition to the core curriculum, the program also offers the early- to mid-careerist leader the opportunity to interact with peers from across the area, increase exposure in the Middle TN Chapter of ACHE, and network with some of the area’s leading healthcare executives.
As a member of the Leadership Development Program, you will:
- Evaluate and enhance your leadership abilities and assess your strengths to add value to your organization
- Better understand the elements of effective leadership in healthcare
- Cultivate leadership skills in a supportive environment with a peer cohort
- Further develop your personal leadership profile
- Develop a professional network of fellow early careerists
- Network and build relationships with a variety of healthcare executives throughout Middle TN
- Visit sites to learn from senior executives who will offer insights into their career path and lessons learned
- Attend ACHE of Middle TN’s Annual Meeting in October and earn Face-to-Face Education hours (registration fee provided by the Chapter)
This exciting opportunity is available to early careerist leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Has been a member of ACHE for at least 1 continuous year
- Currently a member of the ACHE of Middle TN Chapter
- Not yet FACHE credentialed nor eligible for FACHE credentialing
- Holds or is currently pursuing a Master’s or higher-level degree (including, and not limited to, MHA, MHSA, MBA, MPH, MSN, DNP, MD, PharmD, PhD)
- Is an early careerist (Has <10 years’ experience working in healthcare, or clinician leader with <10 years healthcare management experience)
- Currently in a healthcare leadership role (must include resumé, organizational chart and job description)
- Ability to invest up to 10 hours per month for program activities/work